Thursday, May 8, 2008

Woohoo!

So lately I have been getting a little frustrated with my camera. With the 50mm lens I could only get so close and I wasn't getting the up close shots I wanted. So I have been thinking. Do I have the money to splurge on a new lens and can I easily find a lens for my Canon AE-1 (circa 1970s)? Then I remembered when I got my camera fixed a while ago at Kew's Camera. I noticed they sold used camera equipment while I was there. So I gave them a jingle yesterday and to my surprise (visualize very large smile) they had a 80-205mm telephoto lens. So ran down there an snatched it up. For $50 how could a sister not afford it? I really wanted to take it for a spin yesterday but the heavens opened up and it started to pour and pour and pour. Now I am ready to move forward. The only down side I need to get used to the heavier weight. That means I need to hit the weights and pump up my weak little muscles.

I would like to give a shout out the Kew's Camera. I love these guys they are fast, reliable, and reasonable. Check them out if you need a little camera help.

Kew's Camera Service
211 W 500 N Provo, UT 84601
(801) 373-5873

2 comments:

taryn said...

can't wait to see the pix you take w/ your new lens. your so lucky to have found one for $50. sweet!

Staigerfamily said...

Fantastic. . . not only do you get to take more great pictures, but can workout at the same time ... Multitasking! I'm excited to see the new pictures and glad you got a great deal!