Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last Year....

Last 4th of July I had been training to run the annul Freedom Festival 5k run. On the day of the race my ex husband was supposed to have made arraignments to have someone watch Presley for us while we both ran (he was running the 10k). Well he failed to take care of it and I really wanted to run. So I asked Pres is she wanted to do it and she said yes so we set out when the shot was fired. I was worried because this was going to be a long run for a 5 year old. To my surprise we ran almost the whole way and I got a better time than I previously did! She was awesome. It is time to sign up again, but this year I think we are going to stick with the 1 mile fun run. So if you are in the Utah County area on the 4th come and run with us. It will be a blast!

5 comments:

JLR said...

Hey Ashley! We'll come run with you. Do we need to sign up?

Ashley said...

If you want a shirt and if you want to find out your time you do need to sign up. You can do it online. Just google the freedom festival in Provo. I am glad you are going to do it!

Natalie. said...

Pres is AMAZING!! And so are you! I ran a 5k last spring. . . by ran I mean trotted. . . it about killed me.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Girl, I totally wish I could! I still remember you telling me about that, remember me being mad at Dan, but then I remembered how impressed I was with Pres! You go girls!!!

Ashley said...

Lol...I am still mad at Dan when I think about it. But we did have a great run that morning. We actually like running together. We have been getting ready for the big race!