Friday, February 22, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

So I have been thinking about being a photographer for about a year and a half now. With my recent trip to Hawaii I have really been inspired to go ahead and pursue it. So I called my brother-in-law (who is a professional photographer/videographer) to get some advice about cameras and software ect.... and to my surprise he offered to give me one on one lessons. Dave you rock!



So I had my first lesson on Wednesday. It was great and luckily for me he is a great teacher. He taught me a few tricks of the trade but I know I have a ways to go.



I have an old Canon that takes great pics. It is currently in the shop. I should get it next week. My sweetheart of a Mother is letting me play around with a newer and not as good Canon. So yesterday I made my sisters go out so I could shoot some pics. My sister Morgan who is 17 loves the camera and I had no problem getting her to do it(she the pretty one with long blond locks). However my sister Kat who is 13 was another story. I had to literally drag her out of the house and promise her that if I couldn't take a good shot of her then I would never ask her again(she is lovely beauty with the darker blond hair). Little Maison who is 9 was a little reluctant but gave in in the end (she is the brown haired cutie). The end result: I took 24 exposures and came up with about 4 nice pics and I get to take more pics of Kat. Because I proved she was photogenic.



So for the next however long I will be practicing and practicing on all my willing friends and family. They will no doubt get sick of my constant badgering and constant picture taking. So if anyone is interested let me know and we will set up time. Next up is little Arianne. She is a little camera shy but next time she will have no choice. I'm going to get her all dolled up and she is going to rock it.














5 comments:

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Awesome! that's all I have to say....awesome! The pics, the subjects, the colors, the career/hobby choice....I'm so proud of you Ash! Can't wait to see more. And you BETTER be posting regularly!

Ashley said...

Thanks....I hope I just get better from here.

Natalie. said...

I am SO proud of/excited for you! I keep meaning to post your pics on my blog. Once I'm not editing like a wild woman I'm on it! You are on to great things my darling!

Tropicanna said...

This are such great pictures! Wonderful!

Staigerfamily said...

Wow! I'm impressed! They look great! I'm excited to see where it takes you.