Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Resolutions Update

So I was talking to Pres on Monday night and she had a some news for me. Big news. Very big news for an eight year old. She told me she had won something. She has won $100! I know right! Bam! Resolution number four done. I couldn't believe it. I thought that one would never happen. Apparently Presley knows the "secret" and knows how to use it.
One of her neighbors there in Hana invited some of the neighborhood kids over for an Easter egg hunt on Sunday. Who ever found the silver egg won the $100 buckaroos. Presley decided she was going to hang back and not really participate but then one of the little girls there needed help and she was all about that. She only found three eggs in all. She was a little bummed she only got two pieces of candy. ha  So lesson learned put your resolution out into the universe and help a small child and you will be there. I was a little concerned that she has taken that much money from someone. Then I learned that these kind folks had won the lottery and are now high rollers.
Does anyone find this story bizarre and unbelievable? But it really is true. Move to Hana and you will believe anything is possible.
The best part is when I asked her what she was going to do with the money she said,"I think I am going to give it to the church or the poor. What do you think Mom?" So cute. I then explained to her that she could do both and keep a some for herself too. Dan told me that he had argued about this the day before with her because she couldn't understand that the bill could be broken up into smaller bills. Oh, the words of a wise Mother trumped her Dad again. ha ha

0 comments: