Monday, March 29, 2010

Dads, Selfishness, Oceans, and the Me Show...

About 75% of the time I can appreciate that fact that Daniel lives an ocean away from me. I enjoy the space. He is intense. And I am not going lie I am selfish. I like Presley all to myself and I can pretend all is well and I don't have to share her. Sooner or later reality rears its ugly little head and I have to ship my favorite little person across an ocean and share her with her Dad. Of course I know the importance of Presley seeing her Dad and having a good relationship with him and vice versa. I am just speaking totally selfishly right now. Only my side of the story. Its my life, my blog, its about me.
Unfortunately its that time again. She left about a week and a half ago. I miss her. I hate it. I try to make the best out of it. The more crap I fill my day with them less time I have to miss her (in therory). I spend a lot of time exercising. I am training for a 1/2 marathon. I am trying to read like crazy, clean and organize my room, and get some sort of life plan (which I am actually making headway and a decision). At the end of the day I still miss her. Its makes me cry. I miss her smile. Her cuddles. The way she gets as close as she possibly can to me while she is sleeping. The way she smells after running around outside. I even miss her crazy obnoxiousness when 9 pm hits.
I spoke to her last night and she sang me an Opera song she wrote. The lyrics were: Mommy I love you so very much. It made my heart smile and this time away from her more bearable. She promised she would sing it for me the next time we talk. I might make her sing it every time we talk.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

this is sooo sweet Ash! Made me cry a little i'm not gonna lie. I miss this little girl too. I wanna hear this song...you should make her record it lol The time will go by fast and she will be with you again!